Adolph Warren Family Leadership Program
The Adolph Warren Family Leadership Program is a one-year program for sophomore, junior and senior students in CALS who have an interest in and potential for leadership and public service in agriculture. The program is designed to further develop the student in the areas of personal leadership, organizational leadership and public policy leadership. The students in this program will be known as Warren Leadership and Public Policy Fellows
The primary goals of the program are:
- To provide a one-year agricultural leadership enrichment experience through
seminars, workshops and field trips that will provide Fellows with a
comprehensive understanding of the food and agricultural system in North
Carolina, the United States and the world.
- To provide a summer public policy internship experience with public
officials in the state including, but not limited to, the legislative and
executive branches of state government.
- To provide a three-day Washington, DC experience to expose Fellows to
the public policy issues and processes at the federal level.
2015 Internship Hosts
- North Carolina Senate
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- North Carolina Farm Bureau
- North Carolina Pork Council
2016 Internship Hosts
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
- Interfaith Food Shuttle
- The NCSU Agroecology Farm
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems